With Valentine’s Day just a couple weeks away, I thought it would be fun to post a quick heart tutorial! This heart is pretty easy and fast; the first two rounds of this heart are just a simple granny square!
To start, chain 5 and join to form a ring.
1. Chain 3 (counts as first dc), 2dc in ring
2. *ch.2, 3dc in ring*
3. Repeat between ** 2 more times.
4. To end, ch2 and slip stitch it top of beginning ch3
5. slip stitch across to ch2 space.
6. Ch3 (counts as first dc), 2dc in ch2 space
7. ch2, 3 more dc in ch2 space, ch1
8. *3dc, ch2, 3dc in next corner space, ch1*
9. Repeat between ** 2 more times in the corner spaces
10. To end round 2, slip stitch in the third ch of the beginning ch3.
11. To get to the right place for the next round, slip stitch in the next two dc, in each of the two corner chain stitches and in the first dc of the next dc group.
12. Now we’re going to start making the little bumps of the heart! Start with two tr in the ch1 space of the previous round and ch1.
13. To finish this hump, work 2tr, ch1, 2tr, ch1 in the same ch1 space.
14. Slip stitch in the last dc on the same side to finish the bump, then slip stitch in each of the corner chains and the first dc of the next group.
15. Repeat steps 12 and 13 to make your second bump. Slip stitch in the last dc on the same side.
16. Like before, we need to slip stitch to get to the next ch1 space.
17. Ch3 (counts as first dc), 2dc in ch1 space, ch1
18. In bottom corner space, 3dc, ch2, 3dc, ch1
19. 3dc in next ch1 space
20. In the next corner space, work 2dc. In the little space before the tr, work one more dc, ch1
22. In the ch1 space after the third tr of the previous round, work 2sc
23. Slip stitch in the corner ch2 from the previous round.
24. Work 2sc in the space before the next tr.
25. In next ch1 space, 3dc, ch1. Repeat in next ch1 space.
27. In the corner ch2 space, work 2 more dc
28. To finish, slip stitch in the third chain of the beginning ch3.
And there you have it! A granny square heart!
There are so many things you can do with this heart! Tomorrow I’ll share with you a few ideas I have for Valentine’s Day decorations and gift wrap!